What to bring
- Your maternity (MMPO) notes
- Comfortable clothes for labour
- Sleepwear (suitable for breastfeeding)
- Dressing gown, slippers
- Nursing/supportive bra
- Comfortable day wear eg. Shirt and trousers/shorts/skirt/dress
(clothes suitable for breastfeeding – open at the front or separate at the waist).
- Toilet bag with toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo etc
- Usual medications
- Mobile phone
- Cash or cards if partners wish to purchase meals
There is no need to bring maternity pads – these are provided.
Please leave your valuables at home
We have clothes your baby can wear in hospital or you can choose to use your own.
- Clothes for baby to wear home
e.g singlets, gown/stretch and grows (Clothing is best pre-washed before using)
- Woollen garments including hats and booties in winter
- Car seat, and wrap/blanket for travelling home
- Formula, bottles and teats if intending to bottle feed
Disposable nappies and baby wipes are provided. Our baby wipes are chemical and fragrance free, 100% natural fibres and 100% biodegradable. We have facilities for washing cloth nappies if you would prefer to use your own nappies.